Admission Procedure Graduate Courses
The admission Procedure for BBA, BTech, BCA, B.Com and BA(Honours) are given below:
1. Obtain our Prospectus
- University offices at Tapesia Campus, Azara Campus and Kharguli Campus.
- Don Bosco Youth Centre, Laitumkrah, Shillong.
- Online from www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a
Cost of Prospectus: Rs. 600 (Rs. 650.00 if applying by post), payable in cash, Net Banking, credit/debit card or DD in favour of ‘Assam Don Bosco University’ payable at Guwahati.
Visit the online application portal of the University (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a), register yourself using a valid e-mail id. Follow the “Steps for Application” given on the portal and enter the required information. Submit the application using the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key.
Fill in the application form enclosed in the prospectus and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam.
Download the application form from our website (www.dbuniversity.ac.in) fill it and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam, with an application fee of Rs. 650.00.
3. Take Admission
BTECH: Admissions will be given on a first-come-first-served basis into preferred branches (according to availability of seats) from the date the candidates fulfil eligibility criteria, i.e., have the result of the qualifying examination and a valid entrance test.
BCA, BCOM, BA (Honours): Admissions will be given on a first-come-first-served basis to candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria after the results of the qualifying examinations are declared.
At the time of admission, the candidates must be accompanied by their parent(s). The candidates must produce:
- Originals of marksheets and entrance test score cards (if applicable) for verification.
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/ Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form duly filled
- Anti-ragging form, duly filled and signed
4. Pay Fees
Candidates who are shortlisted for admission are to pay the admission fees (non-refundable) at any of the University Offices before 5:00 pm on the day of admission. If this is not done, the offer of admission will stand cancelled. The balance fees payable are to be paid within 7 days. The payment may be made in the following modes:
DD in favour of “Assam Don Bosco University” payable a Guwahati and sent to the Registrar, Assam Don Bosco University, Tapesia Gardens, Kamarkuchi, Sonapur – 782 402 or submitted in person at the University office at Azara or Tapesia.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Pay online at the admission portal of the university: www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a.
- NEFT to the University account:
- Bank: South Indian Bank
- Branch: Guwahati
- Account Holder’s Name: Assam Don Bosco University
- IFSC: SIBL0000473
- Ac. No. 0473053000004814
After payment of the fee, copy of the counter foil with UTR no, date of payment and Bank with Branch name must be furnished for completion of the task of payment of the fee.
Failing payment, the admission shall stand cancelled and the seat offered to other candidates. In addition to the means mentioned above, the balance fees may also be paid online
Please note that no fees will be accepted in cash.
You may visit the online application portal of the university (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a) register yourself using a valid e-mail id. Follow the “Steps for Application” given on the portal and enter the required information, submit the application and pay the application fee of Rs. 600.00 online using Net banking, credit/debit card.
If you are applying before the declaration of the results of the qualifying examination or of the results of the requisite entrance test, you must visit the website later and enter the required marks. Those who have applied using the enclosed application form or the application form downloaded from our website too should register on our application portal (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a) using the option “Link Application with Prospectus ID”, enter the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key (password) provided in the prospectus /sent to your e-mail ID, and enter your marks.
ENTRANCE TEST (DBU-GET) FOR BTECH (Regular and Lateral Entry)
- Those who do not appear for JEE or State Entrance Tests must appear for Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET).
- The DBU-GET for BTECH will examine the candidates on their proficiency in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the class XII level
- BTECH Entrance Tests will be conducted at the Tapesia Campus, Azara Campus and at Don Bosco Youth Centre in Shillong
B.TECH (Lateral Entry))
- All candidates for BTECH (Lateral Entry) must appear for Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET).
- The DBU-GET for BTECH (Lateral Entry) will examine the candidates on Mathematics, Computer Science, English Usage and the discipline into which they seek admission.
- BTECH (Lateral Entry) Entrance Tests will be conducted only at Azara Campus, Assam Don Bosco University. It will be followed by personal interviews on the same day. The entire process is expected to take about 6 hours.
4 May 2019: First Entrance Test – BTECH (Regular) for applicants who have not appeared for JEE or State Entrance Tests (Apply before 2 May 2019)
15 June 2019: First Entrance Test – BTECH (Lateral Entry) (Apply before 13 June 2019)
Note: Those who apply subsequently will be administered tests as required and given admission on a first-come-first-served basis subject to availability of seats.
Commencement of classes:
BTECH (New Admissions & Lateral Entry) : 11 July 2019
All other programmes (New Admissions) : 25 July 2019