Admission Procedure Post Graduate Courses
1. Obtain our Prospectus
- University offices at Tapesia Campus, Azara Campus and Kharguli Campus
- Don Bosco Youth Centre, Laitumkrah,
- Online from www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a
Cost of Prospectus: Rs. 600 (Rs. 650.00 if applying by post), payable in cash, Net Banking, credit/debit card or DD in favour of ‘Assam Don Bosco University’ payable at Guwahati.
Visit the online application portal of the University (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a), register yourself using a valid e-mail id. Follow the “Steps for Application” given on the portal and enter the required information. Submit the application using the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key.
Fill in the application form enclosed in the prospectus and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam.
Download the application form from our website (www.dbuniversity.ac.in) fill it and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam, with an application fee of Rs. 650.00.
3. Take Admission
All candidates are required to appear for an Entrance Test and/or a personal interview according to the schedule given below:
|Programme||Entrance Test/Personal Interview||Date||Venue|
|MCA, MCA (Lateral Entry)||Entrance Test and Personal Interview*||5 May 2018, 2 June 2018, 7 July 2018 (applications should be submitted at least 2 days before the entrance test)||Azara Campus|
|MTECH||Entrance Test and Personal Interview*||7 July 2018 (Apply before 5 July) The dates will be informed personally to those who apply after 6 July||Azara Campus|
|MSW||Entrance Test and Personal Interview*||5 May 2018, 2 June 2018, 7 July 2018 (applications should be submitted at least 2 days before the entrance test)||Tapesia Campus|
|MSC (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology), MA (Education, English, Mass Communication,) MSC Psychology||Personal Interview||Dates will be informed personally||Azara Campus|
|MSC (Zoology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry) MA (Education, Mass Communication, Human Rights), MSC Psychology||Personal Interview||Dates will be informed personally||Tapesia Campus (Azara Campus for Mathematics)|
Please note that Entrance Test and Personal Interview will be conducted on the same day. The process is expected to take about 6 hours.
Admission will be given on the basis of past academic record and performance at the Entrance Test / Personal Interview.
At the time of admission, the candidates must produce
- Originals of marksheets for verification
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/ Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form duly filled
- Anti-ragging Form duly filled and signed
4. Pay Fees
Candidates who are shortlisted for admission are to pay the admission fees (non-refundable) at any of the University Offices before 5:00 pm on the day of admission. If this is not done, the offer of admission will stand cancelled. The balance fees payable are to be paid within 7 days. The payment may be made in the following modes:
- DD in favour of “Assam Don Bosco University” payable at Guwahati and sent to the Registrar, Assam Don Bosco University, Tapesia Gardens, Kamarkuchi, Sonapur – 782 402 or submitted in person at the University office at Azara or Tapesia.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Pay online at the admission portal of the university: www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a.
- NEFT to the University account:
- Bank: South Indian Bank
- Branch: Guwahati
- Account Holder’s Name: Assam Don Bosco University
- IFSC: SIBL0000473
- Ac. No. 0473053000004814
After payment of the fee, copy of the counter foil with UTR no, date of payment and Bank with Branch name must be furnished for completion of the task of payment of the fee.
Failing payment, the admission shall stand cancelled and the seat offered to other candidates. In addition to the means mentioned above, the balance fees may also be paid online
Please note that no fees will be accepted in cash.
You may visit the online application portal of the univeristy (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a) register yourself using a valid e-mail id. Follow the “Steps for Application” given on the portal and enter the required information, submit the application and pay the application fee of Rs. 600.00 online using Netbanking, credit/debit card.
If you are applying before the declaration of the results of the qualifying examination or of the results of the requisite entrance test, you must visit the website later and enter the required marks. Those who have applied using the enclosed application form or the application form downloaded from our website too should register on our application portal (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a) using the option “Link Application with Prospectus ID”, enter the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key (password) provided in the prospectus /sent to your e-mail ID, and enter your marks
Assam Don Bosco University will conduct admissions at various cities in June 2018. Candidates desirous of taking admission into any of the programmes of the University (except BTECH (Lateral Entry) and MTECH) are requested to contact the University officials when they visit the cities.
- Admission will be given (subject to availability of seats) based on the performance at Entrance Test / Personal Interview as required for the programmes.
- Candidates will be required to fill up the application form and pay the admission fees to take admission. The balance fees may be paid online or at the offices of the University according to the schedule informed at the time of admission.
- Candidates for Master’s Degree programmes, whose Degree results are not yet available, may also take admission. Their admission will be provisional until they furnish evidence of fulfilling the eligibility criteria stated in the prospectus within 3 months of the commencement of the programme.
Cities where admissions will be conducted: Shillong, Kohima, Imphal, Aizawl, Silchar, Agartala, Dibrugarh, Itanagar.
Exact dates will be informed by public notices and advertisements